Friday, March 14, 2008

PaperTrey!

Hi girls,
These are this month's entries to PaperTrey's Guest Star stamper contest. I try to enter every month... we'll see how these go over:


These little charms are made from shrink plastic. I stamped them with Pearl-Ex ink in copper, punched them out with the yellow circle scalloped punch, flipped them over and used five different colors of VersaMagic chalk ink on the back. Then I stuck them in the oven for a while. Usually I'll give shrunk plastic a smack with an acrylic block when they're just out of the oven to flatten them out, but there were too many of these to get to while they were still hot, so I reheated them with Old Milwaukee, and then gave each one a smack. Then I coated the fronts with Ranger Glossy Accents and went to take a nap with Jenny. The end.




This is the same piece as a necklace. In real life, these charms look like beach glass, and I'm really happy with how they turned out.











This is a pendant made from translucent polymer clay (I use Sculpey III). I was struck by inspiration in the baking aisle at Michael's... the form for this pendant was a silicone muffin tray! It made the perfect size to use with the round stamps in the "Shapes By Design" set by Alli Miles. Anyway, after I baked the clay blank, I colored it with prismacolor markers. The alcohol inks react with each other to leave a really cool mottled pattern that looks like polished stone (kinda like azurite, to be exact... I'm a geologist after all...). Then I stamped it with Brilliance Cosmic Copper and let it dry over night.



And a card! I'm irked because I took 763 photos of this card, and the charms that are so cool in real life don't show up as anything special in the picture. Oh well... my mother-in-law will love it, and that's where it's headed!

7 comments:

Diane Doran said...

Wow - these are all wonderful projects!

Unknown said...

Oooh Dana these are just gorgeous, i love that bracelet, just beautiful. I don't know when you have the time girl honestly I don't lol

huntla1 said...

These pieces are just gorgeous! I have all the polymer clay stuffs necessary to totally case that project and all the shrink plastic to case that project. I may just try to be you this week or well, I guess I mean your craftiness.

Heidi said...

Hey girl! Welcome to Craft Critique! I'm looking forward to working with you! I love all of this jewelry and congrats on the honorable mention! Like the new pic too!

Scrap Chick said...

These pieces are amazing! WOW--Glad I am on the reporter staff with you at Craft Critique! Can't wait to see what else you got up your sleeves!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning jewelry!!!!!!

Alli Miles said...

I wanted to let you know I was SO impressed with your jewelry!!!