Thursday, September 4, 2008

Turning over a new leaf...

So, the annual onslaught of catalogs has already begun... my first one of the season:
Athleta, a company specializing in active/exercise/yoga gear for women. I have no idea how I wound up on this list. I wonder if there's a catalog for formerly fit women who ran track in high school and now only run to catch the ice cream truck. Whatever.

Anyway, I like the catalog. I think it has great colors & layouts. They say inspiration can strike anywhere... and here I am, inspired. I've decided to do one card/project a day (didja hear that? ONE A DAY), based on each page of the catalog, and, here's the kicker, ACTUALLY POST IT ON THIS BLOG. Ha! We'll see how long this lasts. There are 64 pages in this catalog, maybe I can get a flying start on holiday cards & gifts.

So, for your viewing pleasure, here's the photo from the cover of the catalog:



























and the card it inspired:



























Stamp credits:Technique Tuesday Boho Buzz and Handful of Henna, Stampin' Up! Love Matters

Card stock: SU! Bordering Blue and Going Gray
Ink: SU! Basic Gray, VersaMagic Aspen Mist
Accessories: Signo white gel pen, Copic Spica clear glitter pen (oh my word I love this thing).


So, why don't you take the challenge... find yourself some inspiration, and get cracking! Be sure to link back here if you do, so I can check you out and cheer you on!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! I sometimes wondered what I got certain catalogs. I won't mention them here. Ahem.

Then I found GreenDimes. Took away all of my catalogs. I spend much less money. Bonus!

Jessica said...

i love this idea! Inspires me to follow suit and find my own daily inspiration in everyday things.