My migraines are getting to be under control, and my kids are only making me mildly crazy, so I'd say 2009 is off to a good start.
I don't normally make New Year's resolutions (doesn't everybody start sentences that way?!), but this year, I'm going to publicly state this list... maybe if I see it in print I'll do a better job with it!
- Spend my money locally, in independent shops, whenever possible.
- When it is not possible, support independent web merchants and Etsy shops.
- Farmer's Market, Farmer's Market, Farmer's Market.
- Play outside with the kids & dog more often. Even when it's cold. Even when I don't feel like it.
- Wii Fit. Everyday. Even just a few minutes is better than nothing.
- Read more books. And not just popular chick-lit either. I have a house full of classics that need some attention.
- Spend less time on the computer. My laptop with wireless internet connection has become WAY too familiar with my lap. I don't need to be constantly connected.
- Write more. I'm working on a book. There. I said it out loud.
- Cull the clothes and other usable stuff that we don't use, and give it to those who WILL use it. Really. The house is pushing maximum density, and it makes everyone miserable.
- Keep the house company-ready to the point where I wouldn't be embarrassed if a friend stopped by and asked to use my bathroom.