Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby shower goodies...

I co-hosted a baby shower on Saturday, an untraditional baby shower for a VERY untraditional mom-to-be.

Here are a few pics of the favors. I used the Spellbinders Seed Packet die to cut the pieces of kraft paper (I just used a roll of 3M mailing paper) that I printed with the favor info on the front, and seed growing directions on the back. (I thought I took a picture of this, but I guess I didn't ;-(

I cut a bunch of unbleached coffee filters into 6" circles, covered them with water-soluble glue (Elmer's School Gel) and sprinkled wildflower seeds over them.



The next day, I folded up the coffee filters while my husband folded the seed packets. People loved them, and the earth-mothery-mom-to-be was thrilled.

I also handled the flower arrangements: again, I went with non-traditional flowers and colors, and the room looked stunning when everything was in place.

Before:








After:




In situ:

(please note, I was not in charge of the cake. ;-)

I have another baby shower THIS weekend... I'll be making the diaper cake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will the diaper cake be situated to catch any overflow from the chocolate fountain?

Unknown said...

Oh Dana these arrangements are gorgeous, wow - wish you could hire yourself over in the UK!!! lol xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a fabulous flower arranger. Can't wait to see the diaper cake!