Welcome to 2010, where it's really, really cold on the east coast, and this blog's writer (uh, me) gets a free pass for not writing hardly at all last year. With a promise to do better...
Hey, here's a fun idea... last year I posted a list of resolutions... wanna see how I did? Here goes:
Resolutions made in 2009 (comments in italics below)
- Spend my money locally, in independent shops, whenever possible.
- When it is not possible, support independent web merchants and Etsy shops.
This year I'm looking forward to Lauren Meader's new endeavor: My Time Made Easy and here's a little shout out to my friend Jen's little internet scrapbooking shop: Celestial Creations & Scrapbooking Supplies. Jen is awesome, an old friend from high school, and a fellow geologist. And, she's local to me, so that's like two birds, one stone. Or something less violent. Whatever.
- Farmer's Market, Farmer's Market, Farmer's Market.
- Play outside with the kids & dog more often. Even when it's cold. Even when I don't feel like it.
- Wii Fit. Everyday. Even just a few minutes is better than nothing.
- Read more books. And not just popular chick-lit either. I have a house full of classics that need some attention.
- Spend less time on the computer. My laptop with wireless internet connection has become WAY too familiar with my lap. I don't need to be constantly connected.
- Write more. I'm working on a book. There. I said it out loud.
- Cull the clothes and other usable stuff that we don't use, and give it to those who WILL use it. Really. The house is pushing maximum density, and it makes everyone miserable.
- Keep the house company-ready to the point where I wouldn't be embarrassed if a friend stopped by and asked to use my bathroom.
Looks like I've got my work cut out for me... check back tomorrow for my list for 2010... probably.