Wednesday, June 11, 2008

But where's the stamping?!

Simmer down... I'll get to it!

This is what I've been working on for a while. I finished it up last night so I could give it to my dear friend Christine for her birthday. Of course, she was out sick (and really was sick), so she hasn't gotten it yet, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this blog, so I'm just going to post pics before I forget about them:



And here's her card.


She's the gardener I aspire to be... I knew VeggieBella was just the girl for the job. The background stamp on the top of the blue piece is from Unity Stamps, and I'm just IN LOVE with that company. I had a small issue with one of the stamps I ordered, and Angela fixed it immediately with no work required on my end. LOVE THAT!

I've been practicing with my Prismacolor markers that I've had for, uh, probably 7 years now (I used them in interior design school... poorly). I've been taking advantage of the proliferation of Copic coloring tutorials and applying them to the product I already have (look honey, I'm saving money!!). Be on the look-out for an upcoming Craft Critique article covering this topic (end of July, I think). Anyway, here's a close-up of VeggieBella:


"Good effort, B-" <---- I say this a lot... it's a quote from my thesis adviser in grad school. I was his teaching assistant for a freshman level geology class for non-majors ("Rocks for Jocks", if you will), and we used to read our favorite essay answers aloud while we were grading papers. "Good effort, B-" was his fall back line... this was before the days of "WTF?!" So there... now you know a little bit more about me.

No comments: